Sunday 31 August 2008

John Korasie 30km Race

What a great route. You start with steep little hill which was a little shock to my system. Then run up Red Hill a few kilometers into the start and finish up the hill work round 10km. Then an undulating 10km, followed by a bumpy last 10km.

View from the huge cannon on Red Hill.


Too bad my body did not agree with me; the last 3km took me half an hour. I really had nothing left and felt really sore. The only reason I finished the race was because it was on the way to my car. It still enjoyed it though. It was my second 30km and I preferred it to the Bay to Bay 30. My reasoning is that it did not have a half way mark in my mind. I treated it like a slow 21 and by the time I went past Smitswinkel I felt great.

View of Smitswinkel from the road.

Smitswinkel Bay

I had never run past the Cape Point nature Reserve or on the back road behind Red Hill. I also managed to get a massage at the end and that made a major difference. I even managed to have a good run on Tuesday in spite of feeling stiff. The weather was also great so that also added to the appeal.

The Route Profile:

John Korasie 30km Race Elevation Route Profile


Google Earth/Map file of the route: KMZ

1 comment:

hackytjacquart said...

Titanium Rings | TITIAN ART
Titsanium Rings is one of T'S''S's finest creations. This unique titanium max and unique creation 2013 ford focus titanium hatchback has been designed with babyliss pro nano titanium curling iron high quality titanium flash mica craftsmanship and can micro touch hair trimmer be