Sunday 31 August 2008

Table Mountain Challenge

The Table Mountain Challenge is getting really close now. Why did I decide to do the whole thing? Last weekend I ran Leg 3 with some runners from the club from a place in Hout bay just after Orange Kloof. My mind was not with me that day I even left my watch at home. I am glad I ran the 2nd leg of the Hout Bay Challenge with people that were training for it. It really made me cope with the mental trauma of looking up at Hout Bay corner on the way to Llandudno ravine.

Hout bay corner
Hout Bay Corner

I also was not running in boots and baggy jeans like the last time (far more comfortable).

We took it slowly and had a break at Tranquility Cracks now one of my new Great Places. We celebrated two birthdays even had strawberries.


Kasteelspoort
Kasteelspoort looking down on Camps Bay

Going down Kasteelspoort was hectic we were walking down and I managed to slip a few times. Also had a few near misses. Makes me wonder what it is going to be like running on tired legs.


Random Sign

Leg 1 practice was supposed to happen today but with the weather being as it is I will give it a miss. Guess I should do it next weekend. I have raced the 2nd leg twice so I am pretty comfortable about that. Only run leg 1 in training a while ago, I remember it being tough.

No comments: